Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thankful Thursday #3

I'm really enjoying doing these. It helps me to focus on things I'm thankful for instead of always on things I wish we're different and I feel it really helps me in the grieving process. This is especially true when I think of things I'm thankful for about Grant or D and A.

1. Taking the kids out of daycare last week. This has allowed us to spend so much more time with them this week and I am loving it!
2. My vegetable garden. We have some yummy veggies that have contributed to dinner this week!
3. The time I've had off work. I have the greatest colleagues. I am ready to go back next Monday though, I miss my job.
4. Our neighborhood pool and afternoons spent there with family and friends.
5. Our appointment with the geneticist today. We were told the chances of us having another baby with the same diagnosis is just as rare as it was with Grant, 1:50000. I'll do another post on this a different day.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome you have so much great stuff going on! I'd love to see pics of the veggie garden. We have boxes in our backyard just waiting for something (other than weeds) to grow in them!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful things to be thankful for... lovely that you got so reassuring news from the geneticist. Thinking of you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for commenting on my blog and for your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to hear the good news from the geneticist! I love veggie gardens but never plant one because I am afraid of rats:/ I need to do more thankful list your right it really dose help!

    ReplyDelete