Friday, May 4, 2012

A Little About Me

I figure now is the time to tell a little about me. I am a Texas girl through and through. I love this place and don't plan on going anywhere. To me the weather is perfect. What is better than being able to wear flip flops for 10 months out of the year and having a flip flop tan line by April? What is better than swimming in April and May through September? And what is better than some of the nicest people I've ever met? OK, off my soap box about Texas :) I am married to a wonderful man named Jonathan and we have been married for almost 6 years. I have a Newfoundland dog named Cubby who is almost 9 and a new black lab puppy who is only about 3 months old. We have been foster parents for about 14 months now and I love it. It has it's ups and downs but is such a blessing to us. I am a pediatric hospitalist at the hospital here. I absolutely love my job and wouldn't trade it for anything. We recently had the hardest trial of our lives and are still walking down that road when our son Grant was delivered stillborn at 21 weeks. I know that God has such big plans for us and I strive every day to follow those plans. I love to sew, bake and cook. I have a garden in my back yard with a few friends and it has been so fun to watch it grow. I also love baseball and love going to different stadiums throughout the country. I guess that's it about me, how about you?

6 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you, I am visiting from Kelly's Korner and also a Texas girl. Thank you for sharing about yourself. Your picture at the top of your blog is so sweet. I am sorry to read of your family's loss.

    God bless you!
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you did a little meet and greet blog! I will have to do one myself! I am Sara and also found your off of Kelly's Korner! My family and I call Round Rock home... We have a busy household with a 4.5 month old and 3 dogs... So sorry to read of your loss. What a blessing I know you must be to your foster children!
    -Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. well you sound pretty darn AWESOME to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to meet you:) I found you on Kelly's Korner Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun I loved getting to know you better. I swear I feel like everyone in blog land lives in Texas! You Rock :) I think I will come back and visit again LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to hear a little about you :) Texas sounds like an amazing place... always wanted to visit there :)) I admire you so much for fostering... and thinking of you and your darling Grant xoxo

    ReplyDelete