Sunday, May 6, 2012

A is 3!

Today, May 6, 2012, A is 3! He has lived here with his big sister D for 373 days and I have loved every day of it. Last year we shared his birthday with D because they arrived so close to their birthdays we didn't have time to have separate parties. Not this year! D's party is over and now it is time for the spotlight to shift to A! We had a pool party for him on Friday. Yes it was only May 4 and we had a pool party, oh the joys of living in central Texas. The weather was sunny and hot and the pool felt wonderful. A asked for monkey cupcakes, so monkey cupcakes he got. We also took sugar cookies to his school on Friday so he could share with his friends. The pool party was small with some close family and friends since we had to do it on a Friday night because of his family visits on the weekends. I wish we could have had a party on Saturday so we could invite his friends from school, but oh well, it was a lot of fun and he loved it (the only thing that really matters). He was one tired little boy when we drove him to meet his biological parents late Friday night for his weekend visit.

A,
You are the sweetest, silliest little boy I have ever met. You are seriously the best toddler I have ever seen.  Your smile lights up a room and is so contagious. People tell us all the time how beautiful you smile is. I think it is because when you smile your whole face lights up and smiles, not just your mouth. You are all boy! You love to play soccer, play in the dirt, look at motorcycles, firetrucks, monkeys and bathroom noises :). I absolutely love to hear you talk. When you first came here you could say 2 words and bark like a dog, now you speak in whole sentences, tell us about everything (even things from a few months ago), name all of your colors, and make your opinion known. I love how when we ask you "are you Kristy's or JaJa's?" you answer differently almost every time, although I think JaJa is really your favorite. You try so hard to be just like JaJa and it is absolutely precious. You adore your big sister and follow her everywhere, even when she doesn't want you to. I pray that you keep your joy for life as you grow up and that my sweet little boy grows up into a sweet young man. A, you make us smile everyday and we love you so much.

Here are some pictures of the goodies from the week. Again, I so wish I could show you pictures of him. The look on his face as he was opening his presents was wonderful.

Animal Cookies for School


Monkey Cupcakes!!

I love you my little monkey!


3 comments:

  1. You are such a sweet mama, they are so blessed to have you! I love the pretty cookies and cupcakes :) I am so blessed by your love for them. I really would love to foster parent. We looked into it but do not have enough room. Saying a prayer for you on bereaved mothers day...and remembering Grant

    ReplyDelete
  2. how sweet...those treats are adorable! Enjoy every moment of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi--I saw you were in Central Texas. We are, too. We also lost a little girl at 22 weeks. I am so sorry! I wanted to let you know that we have an organization for anyone who has experienced the loss of a baby (at any stage of grief). We just had a dessert social last weekend (for people just to hang out and chat), and we have support groups as well. (with childcare) We will have our website up and running in just a few days, but if you'd like to be a part of our community, feel free to e-mail! Spread the word if you have other friends who could benefit from our services (they are complimentary). Check our website in a few days www.Cradled.org Either way, we'll be in touch!

    ReplyDelete