Wednesday, May 23, 2012

2 Months

2 months. 2 months without you. Somedays it seems like forever, somedays it seems like yesterday and somedays it seems like a bad dream. 2 months since I held you and kissed your sweet face. Not a day goes by that I don't think of you or miss you. Missing you is getting a little easier. I still have a Grant sized hole but the edges aren't as raw. That hole will always be there but it won't be as painful and that's ok. I smiled and laughed the other day for real for the first time since telling you goodbye. I've smiled and laughed before that but not completely, but the other day it was all of me smiling and laughing and it felt good. I feel like my emotions are bigger now because of you. I love deeper because of you. You have made me want to be a better mom, wife and person. I know I'll be a better doctor, one who understands what it's like to lose a child. I am beyond grateful for your life and so blessed to have you as my son. I love you my baby boy and I always will.

6 comments:

  1. Happy 2 Months in Heaven baby Grant! You are so blessed to be in such wonderful place but so incredibly missed here!

    Lots of love to you today!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my friend How I wish Grant was still here with you. You are such a wonderful mommy to him. I know he is thankful to have such amazing parents. 2 months was hard for me. I will be saying extra prayers for you my friend. You are such a blessing to me. Happy Heavenly birthday Grant, I know you and Jonathan are having fun together:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love you, Kristy! And Grant too. What a blessed little boy he is to call you Momma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying the laughter increase as the tears decrease. Yes, there will always be tears for Grant...and that's okay because you both need/deserve them!
    Much Love,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so agree with you about being a better doctor. I think I'm a better teacher because of it. More compassionate. More understanding. I have a better perspective on what's important. I'm sorry you're hurting! I'm thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you and dear baby Grant xoxo

    ReplyDelete