I've been gone from here for a while. Life is so crazy busy right now and I am exhausted at the end of most days. I'm going to do a bullet point type post today to update and then I will try to keep this thing updated.
- I am now 31 weeks and 1 day pregnant with Amelia Kathryn. She is doing wonderfully and is growing well. At my appointment last week I was measuring about 2 1/2 weeks ahead. We know she is measuring quite long on ultrasound and have another ultrasound scheduled for July. I am going to the doctor every 2 weeks now and love hearing her heartbeat. That sound never gets old.
- I have my next baby shower this coming Saturday and we are so excited.
- Work is going well but man am I tired at the end of each week. Working nights is always exhausting by the end of the week but now I feel like I could sleep for days come Saturday morning. I go back to work tonight. As of right now I plan on working until I go into labor or my last shift that is scheduled 2 days before my due date. I want all of my time off to be with my sweet girl.
- Jonathan is taking summer school this summer and is taking about 7 hours. He is taking 20 hours in the fall! I'm so proud of how hard he is working to get done. Only 3 more full semesters and he will have his college degree!
- We got to spend the weekend with Destiny and Adrik this weekend. We picked them up on Thursday night and took them home on Sunday. It was so much fun getting to hang out with them for the whole weekend. We realize that we are blessed to still have this relationship with them and to continue to build a relationship with their parents. We went bowling, to the water park, saw Monsters University and hung out at home. We were really busy but had so much fun. I realized today that I didn't take a single picture this weekend but we were so busy enjoying time with them I didn't even think about it.
- My mom came down this weekend also. I loved getting to spend some time with her. We stayed up too late at night and got up too early in the morning but it was nice to sit and talk. On Sunday she helped Jonathan hang the curtain rod in Amelia's room. We also arranged the furniture the way we wanted and put her rug down. Soon I will have her room put together and organized and then I will show it off!
- We paid someone to paint a mural on Amelia's wall recently and I LOVE IT! It is so sweet and I will show it off when I show pictures of her completed room.
- I have made a to do list of things I need to get done before she arrives and last week I was able to cross off a few things. Mostly the ones crossed off are things I am making for her. I still have a few things to sew and hope to work on them this week.
I think that's it. I'll make sure to take pictures of the things I've made for her room and for her and do a post of those soon. I'll also do a combined baby shower post after this weekend.
Monday, June 24, 2013
Friday, June 7, 2013
We have lived in this house for almost 2 years now. We decided just over a year ago that we really like this house and that we would try to buy it this spring. We closed on our first home a few weeks ago! Buying a house is incredibly stressful but it was made a little less so by the fact that we didn't have to move. This is the house that Grant and Amelia were conceived in. It's the house that we came home to after we said goodbye to Grant and will come home to when we bring Amelia home for the first time. It's the house that Destiny and Adrik spent the majority of their time with us in. We live right down the street from an amazing school as well as from great friends. We have a huge yard that the dogs love. This is the place for us for the next 5 years at least. One day we will outgrow this house and need one a little bigger but that day is in the distant future. When we moved in here our house had white carpet, white/off white walls, white lineoleum floors and white laminate counter tops. There was white EVERYWHERE! We have painted a few rooms before we bought the house and painted even more right before closing. The only rooms that still need to be re-painted are the kitchen/laundry room and both bathrooms. The week after we closed we had new floors installed in the entire house (except for the bathrooms). We no longer have any carpet! We put laminate hardwood in the bedrooms, hall and living room and we put tile in the kitchen/laundry room. We also had our old white laminate countertops and white backsplash removed and replaced with granite counters and a new tile back splash that is tan. The house looks amazing! I'm so glad to have it all completed and fresh before Amelia comes. Here are some photos. I didn't take any of the counters before and only took one of the carpet. Next up....new stove and washer/dryer to be delivered next week.
|Kitchen Floor Before|
|Living Room Floor Before|
|Kitchen Floor After|
|Kitchen Floor After|
|Living room After|
|New Countertops, Dishwasher and Back Splash|
|New Countertop and Sink!|
Monday, June 3, 2013
Today is our 7th wedding anniversary. I can't believe it has been that long since we got married. Most of the time it seems like just yesterday that we were newlyweds and here we are celebrating 7 years. I am married to the most amazing man in the world. I know he's my husband and I may be slightly biased but seriously, he's amazing. I love having Jonathan as my husband and best friend and can't wait for the next 77 years together. Our love and relationship continues to grow and mature every year. We have been through many ups and downs together that have just made us a stronger couple. I couldn't ask for a better man to be married to. Happy 7 years to us!