Friday, May 11, 2012

Mother's Day

Mother's Day hasn't been a day that I looked forward to in the past few years, and this year is no different. This year I actually am dreading Mother's Day. I was super excited for this day while I was pregnant. My first Mother's day with a baby in my belly. Last year I had D and A to celebrate with but I still had the sadness of infertility. This year I still have D and A (and I am so increadibly thankful for that) but now I have the sadness that instead of having Grant growing he is now living in Heaven. How does a mom of a baby in heaven celebrate Mother's Day. I am still a mom. I'm a mom to D and A and I am a mom to Grant. We won't be going to church this Mother's Day, we are on vacation, but we probably wouldn't have gone anyways, that would crush me to see all those mom's stand to be honored and have their children clap for them. Did you know that there is actually an International Bereaved Mother's Day? It was last Sunday. It was created in 2012 by moms who had lost children, because they understand. Mother's day was intially started by moms of soldiers who had died in war. It's been changed so much over the years. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to celebrate my mom, she's amazing, but it still hurts. There is this amazing community online of mommies who have lost children. They are some of the most supportive women I have ever "met". Some of these women write so beautifully and some of the things they write about Mother's day is amazing. You should go to this post here by Beth to read about what to say to bereaved mother's on Mother's day: http://www.bethmorey.com/2012/05/what-to-say-to-bereaved-mother-on.html Here is a post I wrote about my mom in the fall of 2008. She had just been taken off of a ventilator that had been keeping her alive for 2 weeks. These things are all still so true. Tribute to my Mom: I decided to list a bunch of words that I believe describe my mom. Too bad I'm not a walking thesauras because I would have many more.Here Goes: Mom, Grandma, Sister, Friend, Kind, Caring, Loyal, Trustworthy, Sarcastic, Empathetic, Selfless, Giving, Good, Big Heart, Worries, Smart, Strong, Proud, Passionate, Loving, Amazing, Beautiful, Talkative, Resourceful, active, and all around wonderful! Mom, you are the best mom in the entire world. Your love and support for me are never failing. You truly demonstrate unconditional love. You love our foster children just like you love your biological grandchildren and for that we are so greatful. God really did bless me by giving you to me as a mom. I love you.

2 comments:

  1. That was such a sweet tribute to your mom :) I know mothers day will be hard for me and I have living kids. I can not imagine how hard it will be for you. You are a WONDERFUL mom to Grant and your foster kids. I hope and pray you are surprisingly blessed with a beautiful day. Our boys are looking down from Heaven saying they love us :) HUgs my friend I will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristy, I'd give anything to wrap my arms you right this moment. And I ditto Tesha when she says she hopes and prays "...you are surprisingly blessed with a beautiful day." Love and Hugs, Cindi

    ReplyDelete