Monday, May 28, 2012

Complaints with Thanks

Today I'm linking up to a friend's blog for her link up of complaints with thanks. You are allowed to complain as much as you want but you have to give thanks. I can see how this would be hard sometimes. Being thankful when things are really hard is sometimes not easy but I've found that if I find something to be thankful for it puts me in a better mood.

I HATE that D and A are retiring to their parents on Friday for good. I HATE that since they have "completed" their services people in the system think they are suitable for the children to return despite the things that D comes home saying and we have relayed to all parties involved. I HATE that D, A and their baby sister will likely be back in the system because of this.

I am thankful that we got to spend 13 months with D and A. I thankful for our friends and family who have loved them like they were born into our family and have helped us make an impact in their lives. I am thankful for the CPS system and the work that they do and that sometimes it does work and makes families whole again. I am thankful for D and A's lives and the life of their new baby sister. I am thankful for a God who knows all of the plans that I can place my trust in to keep D and A safe and loved.

Here is the blog I'm linking up to this week. She has been such a huge inspiration and support to me in this walk since losing Grant. Hepler Family Blog

4 comments:

  1. Well said...I will be praying for ALL of you. Bless you for being an awesome foster mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine the emotional strain that comes from being a foster parent. I am sure it has many positives, but also comes along with many things that tug at your heart. Bless you for doing that! D, A, and their baby sister will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my friend praying for you this week I know it will be so hard. Lots of prayers and hugs. You will make it through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every moment that they've spent with you is so precious and will have such a huge impact in their future lives... they are so lucky to have met you. Love always xoxo

    ReplyDelete