Monday, July 16, 2012

Under Construction

Me. My house. Me.

I figured under construction was a good title for this post. Ever since March 8 and the ultrasound that sent us on this path I have felt like I am under construction. Being broken down so I can be built back up into something better, someone better. Very much like the potter and the clay. I'm most definitely the clay with the only potter I'm willing to have build me back up being God. I'm still under construction. I don't have the slightest idea what the finished product will look like and I have finally accepted that I don't need to know that. All I need to do is have faith that the potter knows and has a vision per se and trust that that vision is so much better than I can imagine. In church yesterday we talked about knowing something that we are destined to do or are supposed to be involved in and yet we can't see how that is ever supposed to happen based on where we are today. I totally get it! We are supposed to be parents to multiple children that we will raise into adulthood. However, we currently have no children living in our home and don't know when we will again. We have no idea when God will place these children with us, yet we are trusting He will. We are praying with purpose, confidence and believing that God will do this.

Our house is under construction too. We are currently repainting the living room/dining room and hall. I will do a post of the make over when it is complete. I love having this project to work on during the times I don't have a whole lot going on right now. It keeps me from dwelling on the what should have beens. I'm excited to see the finished product. I love the paint color. My hubby has a great eye for picking out paint color and decorating stuff. He's also a great helper on projects.

My heart is under construction as the hundreds of tiny pieces that it shattered into when our son died are being put back together. I am starting to think it will be something like a mosaic or stained glass window. So much more beautiful put together as pieces than as a solid piece.

2 comments:

  1. Your faith inspires me, Kristy! And I can't wait to see pictures. We painted the top half of our living room a week ago and haven't finished! It looks horrible!! Maybe you'll inspire me with your pictures?! And get my bootie in gear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck on ALL of your projects!! Wouldn't it be nice to find an electric paintbrush for our souls? Just plug it in on autopilot sometimes.... :)

    ReplyDelete