Here is my Thankful Thursday for this week. I missed last week because we were spending time with D and A before they were scheduled to leave on Friday so this week will include stuff from last week also.
1. I'm thankful that we got to go to the Ranger game last Wednesday with D, A, Andrea and some of my family. The kids had so much fun and to see the amazement in their eyes was beautiful.
2. I'm thankful that D called me on Friday after they left and arrived at their biological parents house. She called to "let me know they were home" but I think it was more because she was missing us. I'm glad that her mom will allow her to call us.
3. I'm thankful for my job. Last week was my first week back and it went better than I had expected. Some cases were more difficult for me to deal with than normal but I think I handled it pretty well. I love my job and am glad to be back at work.
4. I'm thankful for my husband. Jonathan and I have been married for 6 years now and I am so thankful to have such a loving, supportive husband. I couldn't do life without him.
5. I'm thankful for the chance to be on the bereavement committee at the children's hospital where I work. This is all because of Grant. I was asked to be on the committee as a parent who has lost a child and I can also speak from a physician's perspective. I am so glad to be able to help make other parent's experiences better, even though the situation totally sucks. I have to say my experience at our hospital was wonderful but if we can help even 1 family it will totally be worth it.