Monday, September 1, 2008

PRAYERS ARE NEEDED

I don't even know where to begin. My mom is in the ICU with aspiration pneumonia on one whole side and a third of the other. This morning they had to intubate her and put her on a ventilator to breathe for her. I wish I could do something and I know that all I can do is pray. I have prayed so hard for her to get well. Second to Jonathan she is my favorite person in the whole world and I don't know what I would do with out her. Please pray that God will allow my mom to be able to overcome this and that myself and my sister will be strong enough to deal with all of this and my dad. My dad has a history of depression/anxiety and this morning I had to take him to the ER to be treated for his anxiety because he was loosing it. I don't think I am strong enough to deal with 2 sick parents, it's hard enough to deal with one. They don't know how long she will be intubated for or how long it will take her to get well. They also don't know if she will go into Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome or not. If she does there is a 50/50 chance of survival. Right now we are dealing with a lot better odds. Please pray that the doctors are doing the right things, that as a family we are able to be with her and support her, that her body is able to rally and heal and that we remain strong. I will continue to update if I get a chance. Thank you for your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for your Mama, Kristy. Our whole family is lifting yours up.

    Love,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete