Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Praise and Prayers

Today my mom appears to be doing a little bit better. Not a whole lot, but a little bit, and I will take what we are given. Her x-ray showed a small amount of improvement from yesterday. Today is the first day that it has looked better. She is requiring less medicine to keep her blood pressure up and her O2 sats are better today than they have been all weekend. She is still on the ventilator and today she needed a blood transfusion. The longer on the ventilator the more complications we can come across. I am praying that in the next few days she will be able to come off the ventilator and start to wake up. There are so many things I would like to tell her, such as how she is the greatest mother that anyone could ever ask for. I find myself driving home from the hospital and wanting to call her phone to talk to her but then I realize that she can't answer and it makes me so sad. I appreciate all the prayers and I know that they are the reason she is getting better. Please continue to pray for her and for our strength as we continue to endure long hours of waiting.

1 comment: