Friday, March 30, 2012

Grant Oliver Bybee

One week ago today we saw your sweet face for the first time. On that Friday, March 23, 2012 at 2:32pm we heard "it's a boy" and knew that you, our son, would forever be Grant Oliver Bybee. Meeting you that day was beautiful and devastating at the same time. I didn't know that those two things could go together so well, oh but they do. You are the most precious, beautiful little boy we have ever laid eyes on. When we saw you for the first time you were already resting in the arms of Jesus. As I held you close to me and looked at your perfectly formed little body, I was completely in awe at the amount of love that I felt. I knew that I loved you dearly before I saw your sweet face, but I didn't know it was possible for my heart to swell to love you even more, oh but it is. We even laughed on that day. We laughed at how big your hands and feet were, just like Daddy's. You look so much like your Daddy and it is something that makes me smile. We will always treasure the few hours that we were able to hold you, kiss you, sing to you, talk to you, bathe you, dress you and love on you. We were able to share you with those we love, yet we weren't able to share you with everyone we wanted to, for you were only here for a short time. We are so sad that we had to say goodbye, yet we are so thankful to God that we got to know you for 21 weeks and got to hold you for a few short hours. You, our son, will always be loved and cherished by us. Grant, you are our first born, our son, our precious boy that we are so proud to call ours. God has truly blessed us by letting us get to know you, even if for a short time. We love you sweet baby boy and will miss you always.

Our hearts are broken but they are so full of love. It's almost as if the love holds the pieces together so that we can continue on. One day we will meet again, and the place in our hearts that is empty, just the size for you, will once again be full.

2 comments:

  1. Kristy, I have no idea if these words will come out right at all, so I'll keep them short. I just wanted to let you know I'm so touched by you and by Grant. I pray, pray, pray that you'll find all the strength you need to get through today and all of your tomorrows. ((Hugs)) ~Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristy, I am just reading your blog after receiving the link on the Secret Sister card you sent me. Thank you for sharing Grant's precious life and story with us. What a special little boy he is, and what a gap he has left. Praying for you as you walk this difficult journey of life without him, until the day when you will be reunited with Him and our Lord.

    ReplyDelete