Thursday, October 21, 2010

A "Fair" Weekend!

This past weekend was a blast. We went to Dallas Friday night. Friday we ate dinner with Jonathan's mom and then went to my sister's house in Rockwall and played Ping Pong until way too late. Saturday morning came early and we enjoyed some garage sale shopping (where I found a changing table in excellent shape for $10), shopping at Macy's, Sonic Happy Hour and then headed to the State Fair. I haven't been to the state fair in about 6 years. The last time I went was with 2 great roommates to see a Brad Paisley concert and it was pouring down rain. This time we went to meander, hang with my family, and eat fried food. Here's a list of the foods we ate, but we shared most of it with each other: Tater twisters with cheese (kind of a cross between a french fry and potato chips), Fletcher's Corn Dog, fried frito pie, fried s'mores, sausage on a stick, cotton candy, funnel cake, fried cheesecake. Now we can all have a heart attack. After the fair Jonathan and I headed back to his Mom's house to hang out with them some more. We spent most of the day Sunday with his Mom, which was fun. I've been on "vacation" this week. It's been more like a "staycation" but I don't care. Sleeping in, lounging around, not having anything in particular that needs to be done has been fabulous and I'll be sad wen Monday comes along. Today I got a hair cut, actually I got about 4 inches cut off, so now my hair is pretty short but really cute :). Today I also tried my hand at making a changing pad cover that matches the "little kid" room decor. It turned out pretty cute. I'll have to take pictures of the kids rooms and post them on here sometime. Tonight we are having a pre-interview social at a friends house. Last Thursday it was at my house and there were about 25 people there. This week I volunteered to make the desserts since my friend who is hosting said "I'm a disaster in the kitchen". I made cookies and cream cheesecake and a 4 layer delight. Should be tasty. Tomorrow I'm going to finish my application for my future job, work on my supporting documents for my Texas Medical License, catch up on some laundry and hopefully just lounge around the house.

The last cycle of meds I took worked but I didn't get pregnant. We have decided to take a break for a few months and in the spring start back up. I need an emotional and physical break from the hormones and disappointment when the tests are negative. This will also give us more time and energy to focus on our foster care plans. We are hoping to be licensed by Thanksgiving, which means we need to get busy with our observation hours and scheduling our home study. I can't imagine how amazing Christmas will be this year with children in our home to share it with.

~until~

1 comment:

  1. I want to try all those foods you wrote about. Like ALL of them.

    Ps. Who is Brad Paisley?

    ReplyDelete