Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring is Here!

I'm not very good at keeping this thing updated. I met Jonathan's Mom, she is really nice. The wedding shower and wedding went great. I decided that making the wedding cake was more stressful than running a Code Blue. The weekend of the wedding was exhausting but so much fun. I felt like Duff from Ace of Cakes when we were delivering the cake to the reception site right before the wedding. The wedding was in the country down lots of bumpy roads and when we got there the icing had begun to slide off of the cake. I had to fix the icing and get ready for the wedding in less than an hour, whew! The cake turned out beautiful and it tasted great! Since then I have been just working. We are planning on going to California in July to see his mom, fun! Mom and Dad are living with us for one more week, then they are moving into their own house. I'm ready to have my house back. Jonathan and I are doing well and loving life. We have been married almost 3 years now. How crazy is that? Jonathan's best friend Matt is getting married this summer and we are making his Groom's cake, it should be lots of fun. I love making cakes that look like something else! I am also currently working on a quilt for my sister and I need to finish mine that I started last year. So busy, so busy.

The Bluebonnets have started to bloom! They are by far my favorite flower and I love when they are blooming all along the highway and in fields. They are more abundant down here than in the Dallas area. Bluebonnets are a sign that Spring has arrived in Texas, even if it hasn't quite arrived elsewhere.

Until!

No comments:

Post a Comment