Thursday, April 24, 2014

My Dad

My Dad passed away on April 16, 2014 at the age of 61. He was a great father and taught me many things growing up. He was always there for us, supporting us in our sports, school, and life. Every time he talked to me he told me how proud he was of me. He was one of my biggest fans. He loved Amelia and Jonathan. My best memories of him are from when we were kids growing up. He loved to take us fishing and hunting and to teach us to appreciate the outdoors. He coached me in basketball and helped me practice softball. He was always there to cheer us on. I'm sad that Amelia won't grow up knowing him but can't wait to teach her all of the things he taught me. We had his memorial service on April 21 (2 years to the day after Grant's, it was special to me that they were on the same day). It was a really nice service honoring a great dad. Amelia wore her Easter dress to my Dad's service.

My Dad and I at my wedding.
My beautiful mom and Amelia at my Dad's service

Some of the flowers from my Dad's service.

1 comment:

  1. Even if as years pass by, you will never really get over the death of a family member. Hope you are doing fine!

    ReplyDelete