Wednesday, November 21, 2012

1 year- Since One of the Happiest Days of My Life

It has been 1 year to the day that I found out I was pregnant with Grant. I suspected before that day but on the morning of November 21, 2011 I had a positive pregnancy test. I went to the doctor and they confirmed that yep, I was indeed pregnant. Jonathan and I were so so so excited. So excited we had a really hard time keeping it to ourselves. It had been 3 long years of waiting for that positive test. I am so thankful for that day. It was literally one of the happiest days of my life.

I never imagined that as I approached the 1 year date of finding out we were expecting I would be grieving the child that I only had for a little while. I am so very glad that I got to carry him for that short time though. I'm glad that I got to hold him, bathe him, dress him, sing to him and take pictures of his sweet face. If I could go back to 1 year ago I wouldn't change a single thing. He is one of my greatest blessings.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it just the funniest that the days that are the brightest to us are the ones where we have peed on things?? :)I've saved all of my pregnancy test (except for Graham, I was young and unthinking then...)because each one represents the start of hope and joy and love and a million other wonderful things. Despite the grief that comes along with Grant's early arrival treasure each of those special memories!

    Love you! Happy early Thanksgiving!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I passed my date recently also. I so agree I would not of exchanged a thing he was worth it. Praying for you during this time my friend. Hope you had a blessed thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete